Don't let braces slow down your summer fun!
If you are wearing braces and are planning a vacation, our team at McKinney Orthodontics would suggest that you be prepared. We put together a list of items that will be handy to have with you at all times while you are out of town.
Braces/Oral Hygiene Kit includes:
- Toothpick, flosspick, or interdental cleaners
- Travel toothbrush
- A water bottle or a mini bottle of mouth rinse
- Orthodontic wax to help with discomfort from protruding wires
- A small mirror for examining any possible issues in your mouth
Putting these items together in a "braces/oral hygiene kit" may be wise. You can even call us and we can get you one! Please ask us for more information.
We suggest avoiding the following foods to prevent broken brackets and/or wire distortion while you are on vacation.
- Chewy, sticky, or gummy food
- Apples, pears, or other whole fruits (cut fruit into wedges before consuming)
- Bagels and hard rolls
- Corn on the cob
- Hard candies
- Hard cookies or pretzels
- All varieties of nuts, including peanuts, almonds, and cashews
Finally, if you are wearing Invisalign and happen to lose your tray, don't worry! Simply put in your next tray and contact us as soon as you get home!
Follow these tips and you can have a worry-free vacation! Please give us a call if you have any questions, and enjoy that summer sun!!